Right now, so many more people need our help and support. Calls to our helplines have gone up by over 20% since the beginning of March. Each of those calls is on average 42% longer. One person may have to try us 3 times before they get through and we know this may mean that person will not call us back.
We need to change this. Many of the people we talk to at the moment are struggling with eating disorder behaviours due to the impact of social distancing, the media focus on food availability and most importantly, changes to NHS eating disorder treatment programmes and psychological therapies.
With our fundraising income severely impacted by Coronavirus, we need your help so we can continue to support everyone that needs us. Events have been cancelled or postponed meaning if we don't raise funds urgently we may have to alter or reduce some of our support services.
We urgently need to raise funds to continue our services. A donation of £10 pays for one person's call to our helpline.
Video: Daniel explains how ABC gave him the support he needed to recover from Bulimia
Fancy doing a fundraising challenge to support us?
Fantastic, thank you!
It's really simple to set up a Just Giving fundraising page for whatever activity or challenge you decide on (see below for some lockdown-friendly ideas).
Just click on the Just Giving logo and your page will be pre-setup for you - you'll just need to personalise it with details of your challenge and target. Simple!
We can't wait to see what you get up to and don't forget to tag us in your social posts so we can share, retweet and thank you for all your efforts:
On Facebook @ABCcharity On Twitter @ABC_Charity On Insta @Anorexiabulimiacare
Need some inspiration?
No problem. The first thing to remember that although fundraising challenges often involve energetic stuff like running, they don't have to! Here's our list of suggestions to get you thinking:
- Need something to do at home? How about an online quiz.
- If you're feeling creative, draw, photograph, paint or knit and sell or auction off your masterpieces.
- If you're musical, a comedy genius or a poetry pro, organise an online gig/event and sell 'tickets'.
- 'Sell' IOUs to friends and neighbours for when lockdown restrictions are over - bake them a cake, take their dog for a walk, babysit for an evening, if you have the skills do some odd jobs or DIY for them.
- And if you are feeling up for it and do want to do something active, make it fun - rollerblade 5K anyone? Or perhaps skipping or hula hooping round your garden!
Whatever you do, know that you are doing something incredible and on behalf of all those we support, both now and in the future, thank you!