Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Information
Like every organisation, ABC, its services and staff, are impacted by Coronavirus and the recommendations made by the Government. Our first priority remains the health, wellbeing and safety of those that use our support services, as well as our staff, and inevitably this means, for now, we have to change the way we work and the services we offer. Scroll down for full information on our support services during Coronavirus.
We know many people with eating disorders and their families will be finding this situation extremely tough. Our team has put together our top tips and ideas for coping with social distancing, isolation and the impact on meals, food and exercising. The guide includes information for both individuals, their families and loved ones.
Click to download your copy
Our support services during Coronavirus
1. Our telephone and email support services are currently unaffected and continue as usual. Open Tuesday-Friday, 9.30am-5.30pm. Call our helplines on 03000 11 12 13, option 1 for yourself, option 2 for family and friends. Or email us: email@example.com For general office (non-support) enquiries, you can also call 03000 11 12 13 and select option 3.
2. Our Support Hub is currently offering support via Skype video call or online chat as an alternative to the usual drop-in service. Book for appointments each Thursday up to one month in advance. For more information and to book, visit this page.
3. Our befriending service continues and we currently have spaces for new people to be befriended as part of a 1-2-1 recovery support service over 6 months. (Bear in mind there may be breaks in the service if those involved do become unwell with Covid-19). More details and apply here.
4. Our parent and carer forum remains unaffected. More information here
5. We have a range of practical tools available including our new online recovery course - perfect for those contemplating recovery and what it means for them, but also helpful for parents, partners or therapists. More information here
6. We continue to offer online resources and courses via our online shop. Unfortunately, we cannot send out any printed books at present as stocks of these are held at ABC's offices which are not currently occupied.
We hope this helps reassure you that despite a few necessary changes, we remain committed to continuing our support and information services at this time. Please bear with us if our helplines are a little busier than usual as we are receiving a high volume of calls. For any general enquiries, please send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding and our best wishes to you all.