How we can help
Eating Disorders affect the whole family and often cause tension between family members, sometimes putting an incredible strain on individuals and their relationships. If you are a parent, or a parent no longer living with your adult child, then the task of supporting them or knowing how to talk to them about an eating disorder can be very difficult and it may be hard to know where to start.
We are here to offer you personal on-going support whether you’re a parent or a husband, wife, partner, boyfriend, girlfriend, a friend, family member or colleague.
We can offer support and guidance on:
- Weight management and issues
- Trigger factors
- Managing mealtimes
- Looking after yourself and other family members
- Seeking professional support and treatment - GPs, medical or psychological professionals
- Recovery tips and strategies
- What to expect during recovery
- Navigating relapses or changes and stages of an illness
Whatever your reasons for contacting us, we'll support you so, in turn, you are equipped to help and encourage the person you care about, whether they have a diagnosed eating disorder or are showing signs of eating distress.
Do call us on 03000 11 12 13, option 2 or email us. You can also book a place on our Family & Friends Peer Support Group - every other Tuesday via Zoom.
Click below for full details of our helplines, including opening hours, and other support services.