Promote Your Event
Thank you for choosing to fundraise for ABC! Once you’ve decided the sponsored event you’re taking part in, we can help you to promote it and encourage people to support you.
Through our JustGiving Community, you can create a fundraising profile that allows you to promote your event and explain why you’re raising money for ABC. Perhaps you’re raising money to support the person you love who has struggled or is currently struggling, or to honour a loved one’s life, or perhaps you want to make a difference to individuals and their families affected by eating disorders?
JustGiving is the easiest way to publicise your event and start fundraising.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Log into your JustGiving account via Facebook or by entering your email address. If you haven’t set up an account yet, click on 'Sign up' to create one
2. Visit www.justgiving.com/anorexiabulimiacare and click 'Fundraise for us'
3. Let us know what you’re doing to raise money. Are you taking part in an organised event (like a 5k), celebrating a personal occasion, raising money in memory of someone or taking on your own personal challenge?
4. If you’re taking part in an organised event, search for and select the right one. If you can’t see the event listed, select ‘create your own to continue’ on the right hand side
5. Finalise your selection
6. Choose your JustGiving web address – this is the link that you’ll be sharing with friends and family for them to donate to your page
7. Click ‘Create your page’
Once you’ve created your page and we’re automatically notified, we will send you an email with more information on how to promote your event, including details on ordering your ABC running vest and how to encourage matched giving.
If you’d like us to promote your JustGiving profile on ABC’s official Facebook page, please email us.
To maximise your fundraising, you can also use text giving through your JustGiving account, which enables your supporters to donate £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 straight to ABC. It’s an easy way to achieve your fundraising target and it’s simple to use.
Once you’ve created your JustGiving page, click 'Edit' alongside your active page on the left hand side. Under the section ‘Donations made to your page’, there’s a section on JustTextGiving. Click on ‘Get started with your unique text code.’ Your code is displayed underneath number 1, you can click ‘Personalise your code’ to change it. Choose a 4 letter and 2 number code and select ‘Save’. You’ll be told if this is already taken by another fundraiser. Once you’ve created your code and suggested an amount for them to donate, you can share this on Facebook and Twitter. Your supporters simply text your unique code and the amount to 70070.