How low does a BM1 have to go ?

ABC

ABC

Admin
103 posts

Posted 6 months ago

Hello Fingers crossed,
I just wondered how you are getting on has your daughter seen anyone yet?

fingers crossed

fingers crossed

28 posts

Posted 7 months ago

I am pretty sad. I eventually persuaded my daughter to go back to the support services. She has had anorexia for 6 years 2 of those in inpatient care - she was doing well but about a year ago she began to relapse and now she is incredibly thin, depressed, anxious and battling hard again. I persuaded her to go back to the local outpatient care the doctor referred her after 3 months she has an assessment appointment; the outcome was being told that her BMI is too high they are not going to offer her any treatment they have given her a leaflet for SWEDA but no more support than that, its all down to her again, she is not surprised, she has found the effectiveness of the service dire. I am actually in disbelief at this outcome, that is all that Somerset can offer her. What does she do now, go and loose more weight to lower her BMI? take herself to A and E when it has got too much to bear again. I started saying I am sad, in truth I am angry, she should be supported and not just by me. Does this ring any bells with you?

Click here to share your stories of hope and good news