family get togethers

ABC

ABC

Admin
103 posts

Posted one year ago

It is my parents Ruby Wedding anniversary in a month, they are planning a big family get together which will include a big meal and a cake. My daughter will be expected t attend., my daughter has bulimia. If she doesn’t go then I won’t go because I will be too worried to leave her at home on her own. I’ve tried to talk to her about it and she says that she is very anxious about the party, she feels that all of the family will be looking at her, watching her, that her cousins will think that she’s weird and she doesn’t know who will have made the food and what has been put in it. I’ve tried to talk to my parents but they insist that I should make her go. I wonder if any one has any ideas on what I could do, I am getting anxious about it myself.

rabbitholes

rabbitholes

11 posts

Posted one year ago

You should both go , the most important thing is to be part of it and people want to see you both for who you are not what you eat . Being absent will only make the next time even more of a magnified event foy you both . Try being as normal as possible around the food just tell your daughter to shadow what you do with the food if she feels she will be unable to cope with the food herself then she will feel safe and if she feels safe she will enjoy seeing the family .

Click here to share your stories of hope and good news